Saturday, March 15, 2008

Road Trip

Dave and I took a road trip today. We drove up to Herscher to see Rachel and the rest of the Noteables compete in their last competition of the season. That means it was Rachel's last competition EVER! Tear Right when we got there we watched Rachel and some of her friends compete in the solo competition. Rachel was PHENOMENAL! I was so impressed by Rachel today. Then after the solo competition it was off to the Junior High section of the school to watch the Jazz Band perform. Again, they were GREAT! Then we went to eat before the Noteables competed. On to the main gym for the main event. I haven't seen the Noteables be this good in such a long time. Every soloist in the show did great, especially little Baby Rachel. I can't believe I won't get to see her do this anymore, well after the Noteable Review later this year. I just can't believe she is all grown up.

Now for the awards.
Best female solo in a show for the unisex division: Morgan B. from Pekin Intuition
Best choreography: Pekin Noteables
Best sound: Pekin Noteables
Champion for Unisex division: Pekin Intuition
Champion for Class AA: Pekin Noteables
Grand Champion Overall: Pekin Noteables
Sing and Swing Sweepstakes Winner: Pekin High School
The sweepstakes is awarded to the school with the highest accumulation of points b/w Showchoir and Jazz Band.

We are VERY proud of Rachel and the rest of Noteables/Jazz Band/Intuition. They all did a FABULOUS job. I suggest everyone come to see the final Review at the end of the school year. I will let everyone know when it is once I find out. I assure you, it will be great.

Hope everyone has a nice Palm Sunday and a good rest of your weekend.
Andi

No comments: